Scenic South Island Self Drive
Cities : Christchurch (1N),Franz Josef (1N),Queenstown (3N),Te Anau (2N),Dunedin (2N),Christchurch (2N)
- Entry to Otago Peninsula Wildlife Tour
- Puzzling World and Amazing Maze
- Skyline Gondola with 1 Luge Ride
- Full Day Milford Sound Cruise
- Punting on AVON River
- Antarctic Centre including Snow and Ice Penguins Hagglund
- 11 Breakfast
Day wise travel itinerary
- Day 1 :ChristchurchOn arrival in Christchurch transfer to hotel.‘The Garden City’, Christchurch - With picturesque Avon river, a Grand Anglican cathedral rising above the city center, trams rattling past streets, manicured gardens and crisply cut lawns. Its most English city of New Zealand. Evening at leisure and overnight at Christchurch.
- Day 2 :Christchurch - Glacier Region (Christchurch- Greymouth 233Kms 4hrs, Grey mouth to Glacier Regio
After breakfast transfer to station for Tranz Alpine train and travel beside the Waimakariri River, over the Southern Alps and onto the alpine village of Arthur’s Pass before arriving in Grey mouth. Pick up self-drive vehicle from Grey mouth and drive to Glacier Travel south along the rugged West Coast to arrive at the glacier region of Franz Josef or Fox Glaciers.
Extra: A credit card authorization is taken for the bond on hire initiation, and destroyed at the termination of hire, providing the vehicle is returned in the same conditionCar Pickup at Grey mouth NZD65Hirer must have valid credit card (not debit card) for bond authorization of NZ$350Indian Driver’s License printed in English is accepted in New Zealand Surcharge apply if driver is below 25 yearsComprehensive Full Insurance is extra
- Day 3 :Glacier Region - Wanaka - Queenstown (Fox Glaciers/Franz Joseph to Queenstown 570 KM- 7 to 8hours approx)
After breakfast depart to Franz Josef via Wanaka lake, Lake Wanaka is New Zealand’s fourth largest lake estimated to be more than 300 meters (980 feet) deep. Visit Puzzling world - Puzzling World offers the world’s first "3 -D" Great Maze, incredible Illusion Rooms, a Puzzle Centre/Café, large Gift Shop, eccentric architecture and the intriguing Challenge, it is most photographed attraction in NZ, later drive to Queenstown and overnight at the hotel
- Day 4 :QueenstownAfter breakfast proceed to Arrow town- The picturesque town retains its old world charm through careful preservation of its colorful history and colonial style architecture. Highlights are the Lakes District Museum, Remarkable Sweet Shop and the great shops and cafes in the high street. Later Visit Skyline Gondola ride and one luge ride - The gondola ride takes you to Bob's Peak perched high above Queenstown. From here get the best views over picturesque Queenstown, Lake Wakatipu and Remarkable Mountains spread before you in a magnificent panorama. Overnight at Queenstown
- Day 5 :QueenstownDay free for leisure to opt for all the adventurous activities like Sky Diving, jet boating, white water rafting, bungy jumping, etc.
- Day 6 :Queenstown - Te Anau (172 KM- 02.25hrs approx)Depart from Queenstown to Te Anau and overnight at Te Anau. Optional Visit Glow worm caves at Te Anau.
- Day 7 :Te Anau - Milford - Te Anau (230 KM- 02.30hrs approx one way)
Early morning drive for full day tour Milford Sound Cruise Enjoy a cruise on this world famous fiord, dominated by Mitre Peak and the cascading Bowen Falls. Evening return to Te Anau overnight at Te Anau. Enjoy a cruise on this world famous fiord, dominated by Mitre Peak and the cascading Bowen Falls. Overnight at Te Anau
- Day 8 :Te Anau - Dunedin (289 KM- 4.15hrs)
Early morning depart to Dunedin. Enjoy the drive through the beautiful historic Central Otago towns of Cromwell, Clyde, Alexandra and Roxburgh before arriving in Dunedin in the middle of the day. Evening free at leisure. Overnight at Dunedin
- Day 9 :Dunedin
After breakfast depart for Otago Peninsula and it’s wildlife. As a scenic drive, Otago Peninsula is spectacular. Beginning at Vauxhall, you can follow the coastal road past small settlements and beaches to Taiaroa Head, where there's an albatross colony. Other attractions near Taiaroa Head include the fur seals at Pilots Beach and sea lions on Te Rauone Beach. Overnight at Dunedin
- Day 10 :Dunedin - Christchurch (361 KM - 5 hrs)Today drive to Christchurch 'the garden city'. Our route today get close to the blue Pacific Ocean coast and through the rich pastoral farmlands of the Canterbury Plains. Make a stop at Oamaru where you can walk around their famous city precinct will reward you with its magnificently restored buildings. On your arrival at Christchurch your route into the city centre will take you past many of the parks and reserves which Christchurch is so famous for.
- Day 11 :Christchurch
After breakfast visit International Antarctic Centre - One of New Zealand's best tourist attractions, it provides visitors of all ages with an interactive, fun and exciting experience of Antarctica. Also enjoy Hagglund & 4D Theatre. Later enjoy Punting ride – Glide along the tranquil Avon river in Christchurch, as a skilled punter in traditional Edwardian attire propels you slowly along the water. Avon River punting tours are set aboard handcrafted flat bottomed boats, poled along by your punter from the platformed till at the rear end of the boat. Overnight at Christchurch.
- Day 12 :Back Home
After breakfast depart to airport and drop self-drive car at airport .Take flight back home with wonderful memories.
- Otago Peninsula Wildlife Tour 1
- Franz Josef Glacier
- Antarctic Centre
- Antarctic Centre - 1
- Antarctic Centre - 2
- Antarctic Centre - 3
- Antarctic Centre - 4
- Avon River
- Avon River 1
- Franz Josef
- Queenstown to Milford Sound
- Milford - 1
- Milford Sound Cruise
- Milford Sound Cruise - 1
- Milford Sound Cruise - 2
- Puzzling World
- Luge Ride
- Queenstown Skyline
- Otago Peninsula Wildlife Tour
- Otago Peninsula Wildlife Tour 1
- Franz Josef Glacier