Backwater With Munnar
Cities : Munnar (2N),Kumarakom (2N),Alleppey (1N)
- Mattupetty Dam
- Echo Point
- Kundala Lake
- Tea Museum
- Rajamalai (Eravikulam) National Park
- Blossom Park
- Half N Hour Sunset cruise on Vembanad Lake
- Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary
- Enjoy Beaches at Alleppey
- 5 Breakfast
- 5 Dinner
- 1 Lunch
Day wise travel itinerary
- Day 1 :Cochin - Munnar - (130 kms, 5hrs)
Arrive Kochi (colonial name Cochin) a vibrant city situated on the south – west coast of the Indian Peninsula in the breathtakingly scenic and prosperous state of Kerala, hailed as ‘God’s Own Country.’ Informally, Cochin is also referred to as the Gateway to Kerala. On arrival transfer to Munnar. Munnar was the summer resort of the British and now is one of the most popular hill stations in Kerala. Enjoy the stunning view of the Cardamom hills & greenery of the Tea plantations. Arrive and transfer to hotel. Relax and enjoy the resort. Dinner &Overnight stay at the hotel in Arrive Kochi (colonial name Cochin) meet the assistance and transfer to Munnar.
Munnar was the summer resort of the British and now is one of the most popular hill stations in Kerala. Enjoy the stunning view of the Cardamom hills & greenery of the Tea plantations.
Near Munnar town photostop at Attukad waterfalls & Pothamedu view point. On reaching Munnar visit Tata Tea Museum : Tata Tea Museum is one of the significant sightseeing spots in Munnar. It is home to exclusive exhibits like traditional tea roller known as ‘Rotorvane’ used for processing of CTC tea; the biggest delight for tea lovers is the fascinating experience of plucking tea leaves and tasting different types of tea.
Timings : 9:00 am – 4:00 pm All days (Closed on Monday)
Entry fee : INR 75 per adult, INR 35 per child
Later check into the hotel. Relax and enjoy the resort.
Dinner & Overnight stay at Munnar.
- Day 2 :MunnarToday morning After Breakfast, take a full day sightseeing tour of Munnar, Covering.
Eravikulam National Park : is located in the Kannan Devan hills of Munnar. The national park is famous for endangered Nilgiri Tahr. The Rajamalai region of the park is open to the public and from here; the exotic Nilgiri Tahr can be viewed. The Rajamalai region falls under the tourism zone of the area. The forest spread over an area of 97 sq km is divided into; core area, buffer area and tourism area. Core area and buffer area is not open to the public.Timings : 7:00 am – 6:00 pm All daysEntry fee : INR 125 per adult, INR 95 per child, INR 420 for foreign nationalsIts advisable to book in advance online - https://eravikulamnationalpark.in/landing(Note : Eravikulam National Park will be closed from February to March every year for the two months due to the calving season of Nilgiri Tahr.)
Kundala Lake : Kundala dam is an artificial dam, Asia’s first arch dam. Though it pulls with its serenity and beauty, you could be lucky to spot the rare Neelakurinji flowers, which blossom once in 12 years in the adjacent hills and valleys of Kundala Lake. Boating in Kundala offers options of pedal boating, row boating and shikara rides. Shikara boat ride is famous here.Timings : 9:00 am – 5:00 pm All daysEntry fee : INR 10 per(Boating charges : INR 350 for 15 minutes
Mattupetty dam : Mattupetty Dam and the lake are beautiful scenic spots of Munnar, located near Anamudi peak and surrounded by tea plantations, spice gardens and rolling hills. The dam area is also an ideal picnic spot and a lovely trekking path. The District Tourism Promotion Council runs boating facilities in Mattupetty Lake, you can choose from speedboats and motorboats.Timings : 9:00 am – 5:00 pm All daysEntry fee : INR 10 per(Boating charges : INR 500 for 15 minutes in a speedboat shared by 1 to 5 people)
Carmelagiri Elephant Park : How about an elephant safari, that too in the rocky topography of Munnar? It’s fun for kids and adults alike to have a ‘haathi mere saathi’ moment at Carmelagiri Elephant Park. Located on Mattupetty Road, the park is one of the popular Munnar tourist attractions and offers short elephant rides of 10-15 minutes.Timings : 9:00 am – 5:00 pm All daysEntry fee : INR 1150 per adult for the elephant ride
Blossom Park : This exotic piece of land has fresh flowers, Muthirappuzha river, lush green landscape, embracing migratory waterbirds, and mountain butterflies, It has a vast stretch of landscaped mounts, gardens, artificial waterfalls & lawns, that offer a wide range of facilities to make visitors feel relaxed and rejuvenated all at a same time. The facilities offered here are adventure trails, boating, nature walks, bird watching, roller skating, badminton, etc. The best time to visit this beautiful place is between the months of December and February, when the surroundings become more beautiful with a blanket of greenery layering every part of the hill station.Timings : 9:00 am – 7:00 pm All daysEntry fee : INR 10 per adult, INR 2 per child (activity cost extra)
Evening return to the hotel. Dinner & Overnight stay at the Munnar.(The itinerary changes as per your time, schedule and the hotel area which you stay in)(Entry fees & activity cost to be paid directly wherever applicable )
- Day 3 :Munnar - Kumarakom (160 Kms, 4Hrs)Today Morning after Breakfast check out and drive to Kumarakom/Alleppey.It is popularly known as the ‘Venice of East’, this exotic backwater village consists of a cluster of island villages in and around the Vembanad Lake. Kerala offers some world best Ayurvedic treatments, giving you a complete relaxation of mind, body & soul. You can try the same at the resort at additional cost.On arrival at Kumarkom/Alleppey check into the hotel.Rest of the day at leisure or enjoy resorts facilities.Evening you can enjoy sunset cruise on Vembanad Lake.Dinner and Overnight stay at the hotel in Kumarakom.(The itinerary changes as per your time, schedule and the hotel area which you stay in)(Entry fees & activity cost to be paid directly wherever applicable )
- Day 4 :KumarakomToday Morning after Breakfast go for a village walk. Later visit Kottayam city for some shopping of famous silk sarees of south india.Afternoon return to the hotel.The peaceful glory of Kumarakom is enjoyed best by soothening of senses and relaxation of mind, body, and soul. Indulge in some good ayurvedic spa treatments in the hotel(at additional cost). In the evening enjoy the beautiful, charming and alluring sun setting on the horizon. Do not miss to see it in the evening time, the perfect sunset will be there for just five minutes, you got to see this on perfect timing.One can also enjoy the Kathakali Show and Kalaripayattu - a traditional martial art form of Kerala, performed by local artists.Dinner and Overnight stay at the hotel in Kumarakom.
- Day 5 :Kumarakom - Alleppey (House Boat)Today Morning after Breakfast, check out from hotel in Kumarakom/Alleppey and check into the houseboat traditionally called as ‘Kettuvallam’- a wooden country boat tied with coir ropes, having thatched roof.Dwelling in a houseboat and cruising through the curious and enchanting backwaters is a standout among the best activities in Kumarakom. The stunning scenery, rich green manors along the banks, and dazzling Vembanad Lake (framed by the union of 10 Malabar Rivers)Usually, stay starts with lunch and end with breakfast the next morning.The houseboats are blessed with all basic and extravagance conveniences and kept running by expert officesCheck in time of houseboat : 12 pmCheck out time : 09 am
- Day 6 :Alleppey - Cochin (100 Kms, 2 Hrs)
Today morning after Breakfast check out from the houseboat and transfer to Cochin Airport for your flight to your home town.. You return back with wonderful memories of Munnar & Backwaters.
Places you'll visit