Beach The Best Escape - kovalam
Cities : Kovalam (2N)
- Hawa Beach
- 2 Breakfast
- 2 Dinner
Day wise travel itinerary
- Day 1 :Trivandrum - Kovalam (19 Kms, 30 Minutes)
Arrival at Trivandrum Airport/railway Station and transfer to KovalamKovalam : It’s a small coastal town within the southern Indian state of Kerala. Kovalam is an internationally renowned beach with three adjacent crescent beaches. A massive rocky promontory on the beach has created a gorgeous bay of calm waters ideal for sea bathing. With its beautiful coastline and unspoiled serene beaches, Kovalam is a hidden treasure. Arrive & check in to hotel, evening you can visit lighthouse: Light house Beach: Light house beach is named after the 30 meter high Light house here which is the most vitsl feature of this beach. The beach is really a versatile one and beauty is not only the admirable virtue. Light house beach is also a perfect location for various adventure sports at Kovalam beach. Swimming, surfing, parasailing and paragliding activities can be done at an additional cost. Dinner & Overnight stay at Kovalam.
- Day 2 :Kovalam
Today morning after Breakfast visit the places in Trivandrum:Shri Padmanabhaswamy Temple: Shri Padmanabhaswamy temple exhibits exceptionally beautiful architecture which is a blend of Tamil and authentic Kerala style. The temple has corridors with 365 granite-stone pillars with elaborate carvings. This temple is India’s richest temple.(Note: Women have to wear either sari or salwar-kameez inside the temple while men should be dressed in a Dhoti.)Napier Museum: Halcyon Castle, also known as Napier Museum, was built in 1932 by Sri Rama Varma Valiya Koil Thampuran as a summer retreat. One can visit the palace to see the architecture. Later visit Kanyakumari: Kanyakumari is the southernmost point of peninsular India and the meeting point of three oceans-the Bay of Bengal, the Arabian Sea and the Indian Ocean. Besides its importance as a Hindu pilgrim center, it is famous for its beautiful views of sunrise and sunset over the waters. Places to see in Kanyakumari:
- Vivekananda Rock Memorial – An iconic monument, the Vivekananda Rock Memorial consists of two main structures. An exciting ferry ride takes the visitors to the small rock island.
- Thiruvalluvar Statue – The beautiful statue is dedicated to the successful poet and philosopher Thiruvalluvar. Perched upon a 38-foot pedestal, the statue is a crucial landmark within the coastal town.
- Gandhi Mandapam – Built to commemorate Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of the Nation, Gandhi Mandapam is the place where his ashes were kept before immersing them in the water. It is interesting to note that the monument is meticulously designed so that the sun rays on every 2nd October falls exactly on the same place where the ashes were kept.
- Kanyakumari Temple – Fondly known as the Bhagvaty Amman Temple, the shrine is one of the 108 Shakti Peeths of the Hindu Goddess.• Kanyakumari Beach – An ideal place to spend quality time with family and friends, the Kanyakumari Beach offers amazing views of the sunrise, sunset, Vivekananda Memorial, the lighthouse and confluence of the Bay of Bengal, Indian Ocean and therefore the Arabian Sea. Evening return to the hotel. Dinner & Overnight stay at Kovalam.
- Day 3 :Kovalam - Trivandrum (19 Kms, 30 Minutes)
This day after Breakfast, transfer to Trivandrum Airport for your flight to your home town. You return back with wonderful memories of God’s Own Country. (The itinerary changes as per your time, schedule and the hotel area which you stay in)(Entry fees & activity cost to be paid directly wherever applicable)
Places you'll visit