Unlocking the Future – Newsletter by Flamingo Consultancy Group
kDear Flamingo News Readers,
We are back with a bang of news for all of you from across the local land as well as global platform, they may help you to adapt the changes you may need to cult to your ongoing business models and stay ahead of the float.
It is rightly said that it is not the strongest of the species that survives nor the most intelligent. It is the one that is most adaptable to change.
And that is what most businesses have been doing adapting to the new normal. Everyone is making tweak to their business models to survive the post pandemic world.
FESTIVE CHEERS COMING WITH A BIG BANG IN INDIA:
Image Source: https://gadgets.ndtv.com
- India’s two biggest ecommerce market places, AMAZON and WALMART armed FLIPKART, expect this year festive season to be bumper season for some of the segment while many others too will record a smart growth and will dump the pandemic sale as a history.
- Mobile Phones sales growth expected by both of them to double this festive season as compared to the same period last year.
- Consumer electronics is next in the ladder to lead the sale growth as they foresee 50-60% growth as compared to the same period last year.
- Apparel and fashion segment too will not remain far behind as they expect it to clock 40-50% sales boost during this time as compared to the same period last year.
- Festive season here starts with NAVRATRI and end with the DIWALI.
- Let’s dump the pandemic negatives and look forward to the blues for the upcoming festive season with great cheers.
RELIANCE RETAIL’s new probable investor:
- SILVER LAKE is in talks to invest about $ 1 billion in MUKESH AMBANI’s RELIANCE RETAIL at a valuation of around $ 57 billion.
- RELIANCE is expected to mop up at lease another $ 8-10 billion over the next few months as it concludes the sale of its tower assets to BROOKFIELD ASSET MANAGEMENT and receive the balance proceeds for the right issue offerings.
We move on to some the interesting facts and news from international platform;
HONGKONG’s RICHEST MAN:
- 92 year old LI-KA SHING is the richest man on the land of HONGKONG, renowned for his super business acumen, so much so that locals nicknamed him “SUPERMAN”.
- LI got richer by a whopping $ 3.2 billion this week due to astounding price rise in video conferencing service provider ZOOM, where he is holding 8.5% of the company’s stake.
- LI invested $ 850 million in ZOOM in the year 2013 and its value currently stands at a staggering $ 11 Billion.
CURRENCY WAR ON THE HORIZON?
- Growing unease among the global central banks about slumping U S dollar has ignited speculation that a fresh currency war might be on the horizon.
- ECB Central Bank official Philip Lane this week fired a warning shot, explicitly drawing attention to the exchange rate as the EURO topped $ 1.2 for the first time in last two years.
- Whenever the U S Dollar is on the move, where the Central Banks will react because a substantially weaker or stronger U S Dollar has implications for Global Monetary Policy.
- Let’s keep our fingers crossed for the time being as Rupee too have appreciated remarkably against U S Dollar during the last fortnight.
- Keep Watching and Tracking Dollar’s Move against all other foreign currency.
Looking Forward to See You Next Week With Lots of News to Share With You And Probably And Hopefully Finally Something Positive on Vaccines For The Pandemic.
Till Then Good Bye And Have A Safe Time Ahead…