7 Places in Kenya Making It a Beautiful Country!
Kenya and Safari go together, with the world’s famous safari parks found here. Kenya tourism is something that can promote the spirit of romance and adventure both. Here, you get a plethora of things to do options and will have the best time while enjoying the abundant wildlife of the country.
See the herds of wild beasts massively across the savannahs at the time of Great Migration in the Maasai Mara; closely watch the elephants in Amboseli; stroll around the Lake Nakuru and enjoy the sight of thousands of flamingos. Also, it will be a great experience to learn about the traditional customs of the ancient tribes of Kikuyu, Samburu, and Massai.
Your Kenya tour packages can be adventurous and experiential too; You can enjoy snorkelling and diving to see colourful fishes and coral reefs, watch the sunset at the beaches, experience the cultures and cuisines in Malindi and Mombasa, and much more.
The film Out of Africa is a beautifully directed movie displaying the true colours of the colonial history of Kenya and Nairobi. Check out the amazing places to visit in Kenya and have the most memorable experience on your Kenya Holiday in 2021.
Places to Visit in Kenya
Think of the most dramatic extremes or the most beautiful contrasts, Kenya has it all. Kenya is a destination famous for its savannahs. Also with open plains, freshwater lakes, snow-capped mountains, forests, and a lot more, there are many places to visit in Kenya for a traveller. Here are some places you can look forward to visiting on Kenya tour packages.
1. Mount Kenya National Park, Kenya
Image Source: https://www.maasaimarakenyapark.com/
Mount Kenya National Park is located on the central highlands, towards the east of Great Rift Valley. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the unique features about this site is the rare view of the snow at the equator. It is Africa’s second-highest mountain peak with a height of 5,199 metres and amongst the most beautiful ones.
Mount Kenya is formed by the outbreak of volcanic eruptions and consists of three main glacier-covered peaks- Batian being the highest one, followed by Nelion, and Lenana the lowest one. Batian and Nelion are tough to climb and Lenana is the easiest one.
This is also one of the scenic tourist places in Kenya, so make sure to carry your cameras to click pictures of the lakes, glaciers, mineral springs, and alpine forests. Jungle safari lovers are surely going to love this place and can spot diversified wildlife here, buffalo, white and black colobus monkeys, elephant, leopard, hyena, and tree hyrax. Experience the wildlife of Kenya with Mt. Kenya Private Tour packages and have the best of your time.
Best time to visit Mount Kenya National Park
Though Mount Kenya National Park is open throughout the year, the best time to visit is from December to March. During this time the climate is sunnier and makes it suitable to explore. The place enjoys light showers from March to May, hence the views are not clear.
Places to Visit in Mount Kenya National Park
The must-see places to visit in Mt. Kenya National Park are:
- Meru National Park;
- Karunguru Coffee Estate;
- Shipton’s Caves;
- Chania Falls;
- Rhino Sanctuary;
- Ol Donyo Sabuk National Park;
- Mwea National Reserve, and
- Highland Castle
Things to Do in Mount Kenya National Park
There are many things to do at Mt. Kenya National Park such as:
- Mountain climbing at trekking at Mt. Kenya;
- Cave Exploration at the Shipton’s Caves;
- Enjoy the diverse wildlife at the Mt. Kenya National Park;
- Camping activities;
- High altitude adapted plains game, and
- enjoy the scenic views of the snow at the equator
Hotels at Mount Kenya National Park
Some of the best stay options at Mt. Kenya National Park are:
- Serena Mountain Lodge;
- Hotel Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club;
- Shiptons Mountain Hut;
- Old Moses Mountain Hut;
Location of Mount Kenya National Park
Mount Kenya National Park is the highest mountain peak in Africa located in the central and eastern territories of Kenya, and around 17 km towards the south of the equator. It is just 90 miles north-northeast of Nairobi.
2. Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya
Image Source: https://www.focuseastafricatours.com/
Maasai Mara National Reserve is one of the world-famous game reserves. The place is also spectacular as the local Maasais live here and take care of the land themselves. Tanzania shares borders with Masai Mara and extending towards the northern part of Serengeti, forming a gateway between the two countries.
This national game reserve in Narok is known for the Great Migration that can be witnessed from July to October. You can watch thousands of Zebras, wildebeest, and Thomson’s gazelle travelling from Serengeti to this region. The weather here is pleasant and mild throughout the year because of the park’s altitude, and hence one of the best places to visit in Kenya.
Best Time to Visit Masai Mara National Reserve
The best time to enjoy Masai Mara is during the Great Migration time that is, from July to October months. This is the time when you can witness herds of animals travelling from one region to another.
Places to Visit in Masai Mara
The top places not to be missed at Masai Mara:
- Mara River;
- Mara Triangle;
- Masai Village;
- Talek River;
- Ol Kinyei Conservancy;
- Olare Orok Conservancy;
- Mara North Conservancy;
Things to do in Masai Mara National Reserve
Experience the various activities that can be enjoyed at Masai Mara National Reserve:
- Enjoy the guided walking safaris in Masai Mara;
- Enjoy Game Drives in Masai Mara
- Go on a cultural tour with the Maasais;
- Watch the Great Wild Beach Migration;
- Get thrilled with the Mobile Camping;
- Opt for a Balloon Safari in Masai Mara;
Hotels at Masai Mara National Reserve
Some of the best stay options at the Masai Mara National Reserve are listed below:
- Keekorok Lodge, Masai Mara;
- Mara Leisure Camp, Talek;
- Oldarpoi Mara Camp, Masai Mara;
- Mara Explorer, Masai Mara;
- Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara, Maasai Mara;
- Location of Masai Mara National Reserve–
Narok KE, Narok, Kenya
3. The Great Rift Valley, Kenya
Image Source: https://assets.teenvogue.com/
The Great Rift Valley runs from North to South covering the whole country and is 6,000-kilometer longs geographical formation. It is one of the stunning places to visit in Kenya and one can get a piece of in-depth knowledge about the geographical importance of this place. Semi-active volcanoes, gorges, dense forests and mountains, hot springs, fertile lands, dry and cool deserts contribute to the diversified landscape of this valley. The best views of this valley can be from the Iten town. You are truly going to enjoy a tour package to Kenya with a visit to this geographical beauty.
Best Time to Visit the Great Rift Valley, Kenya
The best time to visit this place is during the dry season, that is, from July to October. During this time the crowd will also be less and you can also enjoy The Great Migration.
Places to Visit in The Great Rift Valley, Kenya
Some of the places not to be missed here are:
- Lake Naivasha;
- Hell’s Gate National Park;
- Lake Nakuru National Park;
- Lake Bogoria National Reserve;
- Lake Baringo;
Things to Do at The Great Rift Valley, Kenya
This place has some unique experiences to take back home such as:
- Drive to Lake Nakuru to see the fleek of pink flamingos, natural beauty, and rhino population;
- Choose to go for a guided tour to Hell’s Gate National park and enjoy different activities such as admiring the scenery, mountain biking, rock climbing, spotting wild animals like tigers, lions, cheetahs or so, and enjoying the hot pools;
- Enjoy the guided tour to Lake Naivasha known for more than 400 different species of birds one can spot here;
- A tour to saltwater lake Lake Bogoria to see some of the rare flamingos;
- Picnic lunch at Crescant Island;
- Guided walking tour of the Flower farm;
Hotels to stay in The Great Rift Valley, Kenya
- The Great Rift Valley Lodge & Golf Resort;
- Lake Manyara Kilimamoja Lodge;
- Neptune Ngorongoro Luxury Lodge;
Location of The Great Rift Valley, Kenya
Part of Gregory Rift, starting from Tanzania & stretching up to Ethiopia.
4. Amboseli National Park, Kenya
Image Source: www.amboseli-national-park.com
Amboseli National Park is one of the famous parks of Kenya surrounded by the highest peak of Africa- Mount Kilimanjaro, also known as “salty dust” in the Maasai local language. It is said that this reserve is one of the top places to visit in Kenya and you can spot large herds of elephants walking close to each other. Also, you can find other animals such as cheetah, lion, big cat, impala, giraffe, waterbuck, eland, gazelle, and around 500 species of birds.
The place enjoys five different habitats here and one will truly love it- sulphur springs wetlands, woodlands, savannah, and dried-up bed of Lake Amboseli. Try interacting with the local Maasai people to know more about the park and its traditions. It is a must to include this national reserve in your Kenya tour package to make it adventurous and memorable.
Best Time to Visit Amboseli National Park, Kenya
The start of the dry season from June month extending till October is the best time to explore the wildlife service of Kenya.
Places to Visit in Amboseli National Park, Kenya
- Observation Hill;
- Elephant Research Camp;
- Mount Kilimanjaro;
- Sinet Delta;
- Maasai Cultural Tour;
- Maasai Wildlife Tour;
- Game Drive in Amboseli
Things to Do at Amboseli National Park, Kenya
Check out some of the best experience at this national park:
- Cultural tour to Maasai village;
- Enjoy breath-taking scenery with the hot-air balloon rides;
- Camping in the woods with views of Mt Kilimanjaro and wild animals;
- Click some great pictures of the spectacular scenery;
- Enjoy bird watching here;
- Game drives in Amboseli to have a close watch of the wild animals and elephants;
Hotels to stay in Amboseli National Park, Kenya
For a comfortable stay, you can choose the below options:
- Ol Tukai Lodge Amboseli, Amboseli;
- Maasai Simba Camp, Amboseli;
- Kilima Safari Camp, Amboseli;
- Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge, Amboseli National Park;
Location of Amboseli National Park, Kenya–
It is 4 hours of drive from the southeast of Nairobi.
5. Victoria Lake, Kenya
Image Source: https://isafiri.com/
You will come across many lakes in Kenya but Victoria Lake is one of the largest lakes in the whole African continent and passes through 3 African countries namely Tanzania, Uganda, and Kenya. Victoria Lake is one of the best places to visit in Kenya providing utmost peace and serenity to the tourists. It is known for a wide range of aquatic species such as variable mud turtles, Williams’ mud turtle, species of fishes such as catfish, bagrid catfish, African tetras, and many more.
Some of the unknown facts about Victoria Lake, Kenya are:
- It is 400,000 years old Lake in Africa;
- The Lake derived its name from the Queen Victoria of England;
- It is the largest lake in Africa and second-largest in the world;
- The river from the lake flows into the Nile River;
- And, it is home to a huge variety of sea animals;
Make sure to include a visit to this lake while you plan a tour package to Kenya.
Best Time to Visit Victoria Lake, Kenya
The best time to visit Lake Victoria is during the summer season starting from February to May when the region enjoys rainfall.
Places to Visit at Victoria Lake, Kenya
- The Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary;
- Ssese Island;
- Mabamba Bay wetlands at Lake Victoria;
- Uganda Wildlife Education Centre;
- Lake Victoria’s Equator Island;
Things to do at Victoria Lake, Kenya
There are many things to do at Lake Victoria for a wonderful experience, such as:
- Book a fishing trip to catch unique fishes such as catfish, Tilapia, and yellow fish;
- Just relax and admire the beauty of the Nile River;
- Book a sunset cruise at Lake Victoria and Nile River with BBQ dinner and drinks;
- Get thrilled with the white-water rafting on Nile River;
- Book a jet-boating ride on the Nile River;
- An amazing experience of ATV Quad biking near the Jinja;
Hotel options for stay at Victoria Lake, Kenya
- Lake Victoria View lodge, Kampala
- Victoria Forest Resort, Uganda
- The Rainforest Lodge
Location of Lake Victoria, Kenya-
Eastern Central of Africa
6. Diani Beach, Kenya
Image Source: https://dynamic-media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/
Diani Beach is located in Mombasa and one of the scenic beaches in Africa. You need to take a short flight from Nairobi to reach here. The Diani beach in Mombasa is a white sand beach passing the Indian Ocean and surrounded by dense African forests. This is one of the best Mombasa beaches to be included in your Kenya Tour Packages.
Best Time to Visit Diani Beach, Kenya
The best time to visit this beach is during the cooler days in July to September or at the time of the summer season from January to March.
Places to Visit at Diani Beach, Kenya
The top attraction to visit here are:
- Diani Beach;
- Colobus Conservation;
- Kaya Kinondo Sacred Forest;
- Diani Beach Art Gallery;
- Bora Bora Wildlife Park;
- The Diani Beach Shopping Centre;
- Oranje Safari;
Things to do at Diani Beach, Kenya
- Feed Bush Babies- you can feed bananas to the cutest species here;
- Get adventurous with the stand-up paddle boarding;
- Enjoy a popular sky-diving at Diani beach;
- Other water sports such as snorkelling, scuba-diving, boating can also be enjoyed here;
- Visit the Shimba Hills – A national reserve located at a distance of 45 minutes from Diani Beach. Enjoy the views of a local village and the wildlife attractions here;
- Relax at the world-class spa at Diani Beach;
- Hotel Options for Stay at Diani Beach, Kenya
- Diani Reef Beach Resort & Spa;
- Diani – Banda Guest House;
- Diani Paradise Villas;
Location of Diani Beach, Kenya
It is located in Mombasa and just a short flight from Nairobi
7. Nairobi, Kenya
Image Source: https://www.travelsafe-abroad.com/
Nairobi is the capital of Kenya and the largest city also. It is one of the famous tourist places in Kenya known for its tea and coffee production, wildlife sanctuaries and safaris, developing infrastructure, and intense colonial history. If you want to know more about the historical side of Kenya, it is a must to include this city in your itinerary. Also, it is known for its safari parks and wildlife, contemporary art, and vibrant culture. You can check our Untamed Kenya Tour Packages for experiencing a wild encounter on your vacation.
Best Time to Visit Nairobi, Kenya
The coolest and dry months here are July, August, & September, and it is very much advisable to plan a holiday during the dry season for an uninterrupted vacation.
Places to Visit in Nairobi, Kenya
Some of the must-visit attractions here are:
- Nairobi National Park;
- Bomas of Kenya;
- Nairobi Giraffe Centre;
- Ngong Hills; and
- Hell’s Gate National Park;
Things to do in Nairobi, Kenya
The top things to do here are:
- Wildlife Safari;
- Enjoy Nairobi City tour;
- Experience the cultural tour with the Nai Nami Boys;
- Family Picnic at Nairobi’s Uhuru Park;
- Kiss a giraffe at the Nairobi Giraffe Centre;
Hotel Options for Stay at Nairobi, Kenya
The best hotels to be considered for a comfortable stay in Nairobi are:
- Serene, Nairobi;
- The Sarova Stanley, Nairobi;
- Sunrise Hotel, Nairobi;
- Gramo Suites, Nairobi;
- Eldon Villas, Nairobi;
- Hotel Kipepeo, Nairobi;
Location of Nairobi, Kenya–
Nairobi is also known as The Green City in the Sun and is located between two major cities of Africa- Mombasa, and Kampala.
Already started to dream of an adventurous wildlife safari in the dense jungles of Kenya? Then don’t wait and check our Kenya tour packages listed on the website and plan the most memorable vacation of your lifetime.