AT THE EDGE ECCENTRIC – THE KEY WEST
Located on the extreme edge, Key West is the southernmost island city of United States of America. It is a part of Florida keys and famous for the pristine beaches, coral reefs, water sports activities and perfect destination for Honeymoon packages. Seats in the Monroe County, Key West is one of the most popular key of Florida Keys. There are 42 bridges connecting Key West to mainland of Florida. The Key West was known as Cayo Hueso which is a Spanish word meant Island of Bones.
Some of Interesting Facts of Key West:
- Key West is only a city in the country which is frost-free
- Key West in 1700 mile away from equator, which is closest point of Continental United States
- Key West is entirely surrounded by water
- The highest elevation in Key West is 18 feet above sea level
- The san on the beaches of Key West were shipped from Caribbean
- Key West is famous for Bird-Sanctuary, it is home to many dangerous birds. Key West in Bird-lover paradise.
- Key West is the 3rd largest coral reef in the world off the coast
- Natives of Key West are known as Conchs
One can enjoy many attractions on the waters of Key West during their honeymoon tour packages like snorkeling in coral reef, parasailing, fishing, Glass bottom boat tour, Scuba diving, wild dolphin encounter, and many more water sports activities.
Other than water sports activities, another must visit in key West is The Ernest Hemingway House & Museum, it was residence of iconic American author Ernest Hemingway. House owns 60 cats roaming around and it is said that house cats are poly dactyl, which means having extra toes. House allows one to have a glimpse of life of one of the most complex thinker author. One can explore the city on Hop-on Hop-off trolley tour, or can hop the Conch train tour which takes through historic quarters of the city.
Key West offers may other sightseeing on US tour like Dry Tortugas National Park, Harry Truman little White House, Southernmost Point, Key West Lighthouse and Keepers quarter Museum, Duval Street – Known as world longest street, as it running north & south from Atlantic Ocean to Gulf of Mexico, Key West aquarium, Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory and many more.
Visit eccentric destination – The Key West to experience the edge of USA from Flamingo Transworld Pvt. Ltd.