Best Honeymoon Destinations Post COVID-19 in India!
A honeymoon is a romantic affair. This is the time when the couple gets the most valuable time with each other and get connected. To build this special bond, one needs to plan a vacation to a place where love gets strong and emotional.
Forget Switzerland and the Maldives, our country is home to some of the romantic places providing endless love memories. Whether you choose to explore the beaches of Goa or get immersed in the heavenly beauty of Kashmir, you will come across some of the best honeymoon places in India. India is also home to many known historical couples, from mythological couple Radha Krishna to the legendary couple Shah Jahan and Mumtaz.
Honeymoon destinations in India can be a special one, with having some of the unforgettable experiences of romance, majestic scenery, mind-blowing experiences, history, and the best time of your life.
But before planning for your honeymoon, it is mandatory to check the COVID-19 travel guide for that particular state of India for hassle-free and safe travel. Many states require a negative PCR test report to provide when you enter; temperature checks at the entry point; proper sanitization at regular intervals and it is compulsory to wear masks in crowded places.
Best Honeymoon Places in India to Visit in 2021
So, don’t wait, book your tickets after this pandemic, and plan a fantastic, splendid honeymoon tour to India.At Flamingo Travels Pvt Ltd,we provide the best Honeymoon Tour Packages ,But where do you wish to start this romantic journey? Don’t worry we have an amazing list of 5 best honeymoon destinations to be considered to pay a visit to India:
Image Source: https://www.sushanttravels.com
Image Source: https://static.toiimg.com
Spice Plantations, shores with lined up palm trees, and backwaters with a stay in houseboats are the factors that lure every individual to this marvellous destination and proves to be truly a God’s own country. With ever-changing sceneries, stunning sunsets and local food, clean blue water beaches, and windy roads, Kerala should be the topmost destination chosen by every newlywed for their honeymoon. Few things that should not be missed while visiting the tropical places in Kerala are sipping coconut water and watching the changing colours of the sky from sunrise to sunset.
Best time to visit:
The best time to visit Kerala is the winter season starting from September to March. During this time the weather here is pleasant and comfortable and humidity is less.
Places to Visit:
When we talk about the best tourist places in Kerala, it is quite difficult to answer! But, the places that should not be missed at all are:
- Munnar- A True Honeymoon Place;
- Kumarakom- A Scenic Beauty;
- Alleppey- Houseboat Stays & Backwater Tours;
- Thekkady- To Enjoy the Wildlife;
- Kovalam- To have some fun on the Beach;
- Bekal- A Heavenly Place;
- Wayanad- A place for lush greenery;
Things to Do:
With backwaters and beaches, tea gardens, and mesmerizing hill stations, couples can indulge themselves in the most amazing things to do in Kerala. These experiences help in achieving a wonderful vacation:
- Enjoy an Ayurveda Couple Spa;
- Have an experience of staying in a Houseboat;
- Watch sunrise/sunset at the beaches of Kovalam, Kumarakom,Varkala, Kannur;
- Don’t forget to miss a show of their traditional dance form- Kathakali;
- Have a romantic day spent at the heart-shaped lake at Chembra Peak;
- A romantic night stays at the Tree House in Wayanad;
- An adventurous trekking tour in Thekkady;
- Elephant ride at the Carmelagiri Elephant Park- Munnar;
- Explore the tea plantations in Munnar;
8-10 days (To plan itinerary starting from Munnar to Kumarakom or Kovalam)
Some of the best hotels in Kerala are mentioned below, these should be for sure considered while curating your Kerala trip:
- Cochin: Taj Malabar Resort and Spa, The Dunes Continental, Abad Atrium, Radisson Blu Kochi, The Avenue Regent;
- Kumarakom: Taj Kumarakom Resort and Spa, Warmth Lake Haven (Alleppey), Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort Kerala, Uday Backwater Resort, Park Regis Aveda Kumarakom;
- Kovalam: Taj Green Cove Resort and Spa Kovalam, Abad Harmonia Ayurveda Beach Resort, Uday Samudra Leisure Beach Hotel, Turtle On the Beach, Estuary Sarovar Portico;
- Munnar: Elysium Garden Hill Resorts, Amber Dale Munnar, Fragrant Nature Munnar, Chandys Windy Woods Resort;
- Thekkady: Pepper Vine Hotel, Holiday Vista, The Elephant Court, Greenwoods Resort;
- Alleppey: Southern Panorama Houseboat, Southern Panorama Houseboat;
Image Source: https://www.hoteldekho.com/
Goa, the smallest state in India, is one of the most preferred honeymoon destinations because of its pristine beaches and vibrant culture. Go for night parties, hire bikes or cars and enjoy the city on your own or watch a mesmerizing sunset with your loved ones to make your honeymoon in Goa a perfect one. With flowing coconut trees, shacks on the beaches, nightlife, and flea markets, the state also has the best hotels and resorts suiting your budget. Some who are beach lovers, will surely choose to book a Goa honeymoon package and will fall in love with this place and might also visit again.
Best time to visit:
October to March is the best time to visit Goa. During these months’ climate is cool with less humidity and perfectly suitable for honeymoon.
Places to Visit:
The tourists’ places in Goa will stun the honeymooners because of their unusual nature. Let’s check some of the places not to be missed in Goa:
- Baga Beach- for night parties;
- Calangute Beach- Known as the “Queen of Beaches”;
- Dudhsagar Waterfalls;
- The Church of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception;
- Chapora Fort;
- Sunset Views at the Fort Aguada;
- Palolem Beach- One of the most beautiful beach;
- Anjuna Beach- the most visited beach of Goa;
- Candolim Beach- Some of the best water sports activities can be enjoyed here;
- Casino Cruise- Try your luck by gambling at Deltin Goa;
- Butterfly Beach- Known as the secret beach of Goa
Things to do:
There are some of the best things to do in Goa, giving a tourist a limitless chance to have the most memorable time of their lives.
- Enjoy cruising in the Mandori River;
- Dance out in the vibrant night clubs and pubs in Goa;
- Try the local Goanese dishes;
- Try your luck by gambling at the Deltin Casino;
- Get a thrilling experience by enjoying the various water sports activities in Goa;
- Get thrilled with the beauty of the Dudhsagar falls;
- Go shopping at the Anjuna Flea market;
- Have a relaxing spa massage in Goa;
- Dance at the silent party on Palolem Beach;
- Explore Goa by booking a Spice Plantation tours in Goa;
- Hot-Air Ballooning in Goa;
The days required to enjoy this beautiful place can vary from 5-10 days.
You will have to select from some of the best hotels in Goa. The list is displayed below:
- Cidade de Goa
- Hard Rock Hotel Goa
- Heritage Village Resort & Spa, Goa
- Planet Hollywood Beach Resort
- Hotel Rio
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa
- Taj Fort Aguada Resort & Spa
- The Baga Beach Resort
- Sukhmantra Resort and Spa
- Nagoa Grande Resort & Spa
- Park Regis Goa
Image Source: https://www.hlimg.com
If you want to get completely immersed into your loved ones, then definitely book a Kashmir honeymoon package– one of the best honeymoon places in India, making the top-rated destination for the honeymooners. Visit the Dal Lake in Srinagar and go for a shikara ride with your spouse on the Dal Lake, you will get a feel of retro songs of Bollywood. Everything here is just amazing be it the colourful blooming gardens or the temples, or snow-covered mountains in Gulmarg, or the lush greenery, you will be mesmerized by all. If you are traveling in April, then definitely enjoy the Tulips festival in Srinagar. Let’s know what more Kashmir Tourism has in its kitty to offer to the honeymooners.
Best time to visit:
The best time to visit Kashmir starts from April to September (Summertime), & if you wish to enjoy snow then December to February is magical.
Places to Visit:
Don’t miss the below mentioned picturesque places to visit in Kashmir–
- Gulmarg- A Hill Station is known for Skiing;
- Srinagar- Heavenly Beautiful;
- Sonmarg- Meadow of Gold;
- Leh- Relive the movie, 3 Idiots;
- Pahalgam- Serenity and Tranquillity;
- Jammu- Enjoy the city life of Jammu;
- Shalimar Garden;
- Jama Masjid- Admire the architecture of this historic site;
- Vaishno Devi- Offer prayers at this religious site;
- Patnitop- Picture Perfect Place;
- Aru Valley- Trekking Paradise for Adventurous couples;
- Amarnath- Worship Lord Shiva;
A honeymooner should plan at least 5- 9 days’ trip to Kashmir;
Things to Do:
The majestic location of Kashmir and the weather calls for some of the best things to do in Kashmir. You need to enjoy all of these for a perfect honeymoon. Let’s check them:
- Shikara Ride at the Dal Lake;
- Don’t miss a stay in the Houseboats in Srinagar;
- Gondola Cable Car Ride during your visit to Gulmarg;
- Try some of the best local Kashmiri dishes;
- Shop the locally handcrafted items from the local markets of the city;
- A ride on the Pony in Pahalgam;
- Book an Old Srinagar Heritage Walk Tour;
- Admire the beauty of the Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden;
- Adventurous River Rafting in Lidder River, Pahalgam;
- Skiing and Snowboarding in Gulmarg;
- Trekking in some of the best routes;
- Mountain Biking in some of the best routes;
You can choose from some of the best arrays of hotels in Kashmir:
- The Khyber Himalayan Resort & Spa, Gulmarg
- Pine View Resort, Gulmarg
- Grand Mumtaz Resorts Gulmarg
- Hotel Nedous
- Hotel Royal Arabia, Srinagar
- Hotel Grand Mamta, Srinagar
- Heritage Luxury, Srinagar
- Radisson Srinagar
Image Source: https://gumlet.assettype.com
Sikkim honeymoon packages are a perfect combination of scenic sights, Buddhist monasteries, a nice climate, and one of the favourite honeymoon destinations for many of us. Along with the beauty of this place, people here are quite warm-hearted and helpful. If you are a nature lover and also an adventure lover or any one of them, Sikkim Tourism will not let you down for sure. The calmness and serenity is something that attracts the couples here. A honeymoon in Sikkim is full of fun, adventure, romance, and much more beyond your imagination.
Best Time to Visit:
March to May is the best time to visit Sikkim and if you want to plan your honeymoon in winters then October to mid-December is the preferred time.
Places to Visit:
To explore this fascinating state, the below places in sikkim are some of the best:
- Gangtok- The Capital City;
- Pelling- Have the best views of the Himalayas and the Kanchenjunga Peak;
- Lachung- Popular Snow place in Sikkim;
- Yumthang Valley- A Scenic Valley;
- Namgyal Institute of Tibetology- A Place to know more about the Buddhists learnings;
- Zuluk- An unexplored place in Sikkim, located at 10,000 feet high altitude;
- Jawaharlal Nehru Botanical Garden;
- Namchi- A Splendid Sikkimese city;
- Rumtek Monastery- One of the Oldest Monasteries;
- Ravangla- A hill town is known for trekking
For a complete vacation of this beautiful place, 7-10 days are required;
Things to Do:
There are some incredible things to do in Sikkim which will leave an imprint in your hearts for a lifetime. Let’s know more about the same:
- Rafting in Teesta River;
- Paragliding in Gangtok;
- Enjoy the Gangtok city views with Ropeway;
- Opt for a Cycling tour on the Silk Routes;
- Find your inner peace at the Rumtak Monastery;
- Get thrilled with the Bungee Jumping at Singshore Bridge
- A Yak Safari Ride at Tsomgo Lake;
- Don’t forget to miss a ride to the Nathula Pass;
- Try to go trekking to some of the best routes- Dzongri Goechala Trek, Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek, Goecha La Trek;
- View the state with a Helicopter Ride;
- Try the most unusual adventure activity- Hand Gliding;
- Have the taste of the Sikkimese Tea- Temi tea;
- Relish the local cuisine- Momos and Noodles;
- Enjoy the nightlife at the MG Marg;
Hotels in Sikkim:
You can choose from the below hotels in Sikkim for a pleasant and comfortable stay:
- Gangtok: MAYFAIR Spa Resort & Casino, Lindsay Cheu Den, Summit Denzong Hotel & Spa
- Darjeeling: Udaan Hotel Zambala Retreat, The Sterling, Sinclairs Darjeeling
- Pelling: Norbhu Gang Resort, Magpie Chestnut Retreat, The Elgin Mount Pandim
Image Source: https://upload.wikimedia.org
Every city in Rajasthan is known for its royalty and luxurious resorts and hotels. Where Jaisalmer is a place where you can experience luxury in a desert, Udaipur is known for being the majestic lake city, and Jaipur the capital city is known for its royal hospitality and hotels. A honeymoon package to Rajasthan will give you the feel of lavishness, rich culture, and a bundle of memories. So this city is a perfect mixture of Indian culture, desert experience, and historic forts and adventure. With Aravalli hills surrounding the entire state, a tour to Rajasthan can be of city tours and palace tours organized, ala-grand hotels and resorts, cafes with scenic views, local shopping, and local cuisine. This place is surely going to top the list of romantic options for a honeymoon.
Best Time to Visit:
The best time to visit Rajasthan is during the winter months, from October to March when the days are longer, nights are cooler, and exploring the state could be fun.
Places to Visit:
Some of the most favourite cities/places of Rajasthan are:
- Jaipur- The Capital and The Pink City;
- Udaipur- City of Lakes;
- Jaisalmer- The Golden City with a chance to stay in tents;
- Jodhpur- The Blue City;
- Ajmer and Pushkar;
- Ranthambore National Park- Explore the wildlife in the state of royalty;
- Bikaner- Admire the art and culture of the historical places;
- Kumbhalgarh- Visit the Kumbhalgarh Fort;
- Nathdwara- Seek blessings at the famous temple;
Things to Do:
One can have days full of fun and excitement when it comes to the various things to do in Rajasthan. Keep scrolling and keep enjoying your stay here.
- A Safari Ride in the Jungles of the Ranthambore National Park;
- Desert Camping during your stay in Jaisalmer;
- Get the feel of royalty while enjoying the local cuisine at Choki Dhani;
- Explore the city of Jaipur in the royal Vintage Cars;
- Admire some of the famous forts and palaces architectural features- Kumbhalgarh Fort, Hawa Mahal, Abhaneri Step Well;
- Know how the locals live by exploring the villages of Rajasthan;
- Get blessed by paying a visit at the Ajmer Sharif;
- Try becoming friendly with the ghosts at the Bhangarh Fort;
- A fun speed-boating ride in the Fateh Sagar Lake;
- The most popular one- Camel Safari in the Thar Desert;
- Dune Bashing in the Thar Desert;
- Go to visit the Camel Breeding Farm in Bikaner;
- Adventure Lovers can opt for trekking in the mountains of Mt. Abu;
- Enjoy Hot Air Balloon Ride in Pushkar, Jaipur, and Ranthambore;
To explore the best of Rajasthan, plan a trip of at least 10-12 days;
As said earlier, the Hotels in Rajasthan are known for their hospitality, royalty, and luxury. Let’s check what’s in our basket regarding the same.
- Udaipur: Radisson Blu Udaipur, Taj Lake Palace, Hotel Udai Kothi, Boheda Palace, Spectrum
- Jaisalmer: Even Desert Camp, Suryagarh Palace, Damodra Desert Camp, Jaisalmer Marriott Resort & Spa
- Jaipur: Samode Haveli, Laxmi Palace, Red Fox Hotel, Lemon Tree Premiere, Sarovar Portico, Hotel Royal Orchid, Rambagh Palace
- Kumbhalgarh: Welcome Heritage Maharani Bagh Orchard Retreat, Ranakpur; The Kumbha Bagh Kumbhalgarh, The Kumbha Residency, Kumbhalgarh
- Jodhpur: The Kothi Heritage, Pal Haveli, The Ajit Bhawan Palace Resort, Indana Palace Resort
- Bikaner: Narendra Bhawan Bikaner, Maharaja Ganga Mahal;
Is anyone getting married soon or in 2021? Then do have a look at some of the top-notch honeymoon destinations to be considered in the bucket list of your dream places in India. This list of some best options for honeymoon destinations in India is now surely going to help you plan your ‘desi honeymoon’ in India. Tell us which one of the above is your favourite honeymoon destination?
For an easy-going trip, you can check our website at Flamingo Travels Pvt Ltd or contact our travel curator.
FAQ regarding Honeymoon Places in India
1. What things are to be kept in mind before traveling given the coronavirus situation?
It is necessary to follow certain COVID-19 travel tips while planning to go for a vacation post this pandemic.
- Keep social distancing while being out, especially in public areas;
- Wear masks compulsorily;
- Keep sanitizing your hands at regular intervals;
- Conduct a COVID-19 test before and after your travel, to reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection;
- Avoid contact with the ones who are sick or being affected by COVID-19;
2. Which is the best place in India for Honeymoon?
Kerala, Kashmir, Goa, Rajasthan, Uttrakhand, Sikkim, Ooty, Kodai Kanal, and many others are some of the best places in India for a honeymoon.
3. Which place is the best for a honeymoon in India in December?
Some of the honeymoon places in India in December month are Goa, Kerala, Kashmir, Sikkim, Udaipur, Shimla, etc.
4. Is Kerala a good place for a honeymoon?
Kerala is one of the top-most places to be considered for a honeymoon. There are many tourist places in Kerala such as Munnar, Alleppey, Thekkady, Kovalam known for many different experiences. All the places are scenic and will end up giving a complete romantic experience.
5. Which is better for honeymoon Goa or Kerala?
Goa and Kerala, both are the best destination for a honeymoon with romantic vibes. You can enjoy beach life at both the destinations. The beaches in Kerala are quite tourist friendly, whereas, the beaches in Goa are clean and wider, you can hop from one beach to another easily in Goa. But both the destinations are unique in their way by giving some of the best moments of your life.
6. Where should I go for a romantic honeymoon?
Some of the romantic places in India to be checked for your honeymoon are Kerala, Sikkim, KodaiKanal, Ooty, Agra, Goa, Udaipur, Kashmir, and the list goes on.
7. What can couples do in Goa?
There are many things to do in Goa for couples, like:
- Hire a bike and explore the city on your own;
- Go for cycling tours in Goa;
- Enjoy the water sports activities;
- Organise a private party at the Butterfly beach;
- Enjoy a sunset at the Chapora fort;
8. Which month is best for Kashmir?
April to September are the best months to visit Kashmir, that is, during their summer season. If you want to enjoy the snow, choose to go during the winter season.
9. Is Rajasthan good for a honeymoon?
Being a heritage state, many a times we think is Rajasthan good for a honeymoon. So the answer is, if you are not fond of beaches and mountains, then choose to go to Rajasthan. This place has so much to offer along with its vibrant culture.
10. How many days’ visit Sikkim?
In total 9-10 days are required to explore all the famous tourist places in Sikkim.